September 15, 2010

2008


Cordially Invited

the ability to see beauty defines us
appreciation in perspective defines our own beauty
i allow myself to honor those with my love
only when i find an admiration for the way their mind works

to crack a smile when i hear your thoughts
is my loudest, physical act of my love for you
verbalization of the mechanics of your brain
subtle, slow, whispered expressions of your opinions
even in screaming frustration
acts as a leaking of who you are
and the drips of the stuff your soul is made of
provokes my desire to crawl into your head
live to be deafened by the shouting connections in your mind
more simply, in the desirable process of getting to know you
you assist me in getting to know myself

break me, break my walls, break my foundation
i depend on you and you and you
to stretch and grip my malleable form
within you demands my motivation

help me peel my faults
and layer me with what you will
let me decide what to keep
drag me, walk me, carry me
to where you are

"expression" beckons criticism
"cordially invited" is understanding
ideas and thoughts, i am grateful for you to share
drive me to comprehend
and not to comprehend at all
i live to feel your words
i live to feel them shape me

No comments: