October 20, 2009

I Haven't Been Blogging Because I've Been Writing


It's a shocker I know... not to blog and actually write, but now I have time on my hands and how I miss this world! And, how I love to be up at 4:00 AM when my Poetry Portfolio is due at 5:00 PM today, but I am purposefully procrastinating by blogging, it's very odd. Anyway, I plan to at least write on here a little bit in the journal sense, but primarily share my writing as it is plentiful and dogeared, as well as strewn across my bed and desk under jerky wrappers and diet coke cans. For now I shall share some recents!
1. Unemployed for the first time in 6 years (Don't worry, I hated my job)
2. Today, I thought of my friend Ana Maria or Nani as I like to call her, and found out through various social networks... ok, ok, FACEBOOK AND VIMEO!!! Anyway, I found out she won two awards at the Dusty Awards for Best Director and Outstanding Achievement in Film. And, Kevin Kline presented them to her!! It's like when you haven't heard from people in awhile and you hear how good they're doing you obviously are happy for them. But this is beyond good! The point of mentioning this was that I went to her web portfolio and under music videos there is a music video of me that she shot years ago called Quince Anos for a band. And let's say I never thought it would surface.
3. So, on this spurt of looking into my friend's creative progresses (and I don't mean friends I see everyday but friends I haven't even talked to in years), I decide to look at ALL of David Hochbaum's blogs. Well, I'll be honest, not all, but a good many, enough to keep me from doing my portfolio. And I stumble upon one done two years ago that I didn't see before and it was a thank you to everyone for making his show at Corey Helford Gallery possible. He had thanked me. I can't explain the progress that hes made and all the things he has done, the unbelievable works, the success and the impact meeting David has had on my life. He knew me just when I started writing, when I discovered art.
4. I flew some falcons in Vermont. Yah, that's right. I went hiking with a hawk. Two actually. Do it.

So, people and friends... I should probably do my work.

No comments: